Electrical Controls Technician - Columbus, TX (78934)
This hands-on position supports production and facilities maintenance. Will perform maintenance and repairs on equipment and machines in two or more facilities. Specialty repairs working with electrical equipment is a required function. In addition to standard schedule position is part of an on-call rotation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
* Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
* Troubleshoot, repair, maintain and install a wide variety of electrical controls and electronic systems.
* Maintain a safe, clean and organized work environment; support 5S and safety initiatives.
* Install, repair and replace temperature controls, solid state controls, PLCs, HMIs, position sensors, servo systems, AC & DC electrical motors and controllers, transformers, and disconnects. Use a multi-meter and computer.
* Maintain necessary records to include maintenance logs, timesheets, downtime logs, etc.
SKILLS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
* Must be able to work in a fast paced, high volume environment, and have a strong attention to detail. Must be a proactive 'self starter' who can work well without supervision.
* Possess basic understanding of electro-mechanical equipment and processes including hydraulics and pneumatics. Interpret written instructions and electrical/mechanical schematics. Must be able to speak, read and write the English language.
* Possess basic knowledge of PLC hardware & software, i.e. Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Automation Direct, etc.
* Operating and working on mobile/heavy equipment
* Forklift certification a plus. Microsoft Office skills a plus.
* Bi-lingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
* Requires 3+ years of industrial maintenance experience as an electrician/controls tech.
* High school diploma or GED preferred.
Work is performed in a general manufacturing environment. Seasonal temperatures may be extreme at times including excessive heat or cold. Work area is often dusty and dirty due to the concrete materials required for production. 10+ hours of OT will be expected each week and will join on call rotation. Position may workday shift or night shift and regular schedule will be assigned.
Must have ability to use hands and fingers to complete tasks quickly and efficiently. In addition, must have the ability to move freely throughout the facility without physical limitation, and capacity to sit or stand for long periods of time. Must be able to lift up to50 lbs., and have the ability to bend, stoop and reach.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...