Senior Process Engineer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Senior Manufacturing Process Engineer
Do you have a passion for developing and commercializing revolutionary technology, either in a start-up or as part of a new product group? Do you have an engineering degree and a strong background in process equipment design, development, validation, and GMP manufacturing?
LiquiGlide has raised $40 million in funding and is expanding its team to commercialize its slippery coating technology. Reporting to the CEO, the Senior Manufacturing Process Engineer will lead and work with teams to scale, select equipment, design processes/protocols, facilitate tech transfer, and manufacture our liquid-impregnated surface (LIS) coatings for applications in consumer packaging.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams, user requirement specifications, functional requirement specifications, and detailed design specifications for new processes and equipment.Create and implement new processes and procedures to increase production efficiency.
- Coordinate builds for prototypes, validations, and pilot runs (including upgrades to new equipment).
- Oversee design, fabrication, and factory/site acceptance testing activities for new equipment.
- Create and carryout DOE protocols to improve our coating making process at scale.
- Collaborate with our equipment vendors and contract manufacturers in the selection and development of manufacturing processes.
- Lead tech transfer activities at our contract manufacturing sites (may require significant travel, primarily in the northeast US). Provide on floor operational support as needed.
- Oversee equipment and process qualification and validation activities, including writing and executing IQ/OQ documents.
- Support in-house production run equipment including spray and filling equipment for consumer studies
Skills & Experience
- 9-10+ years of process development and manufacturing experience.
- Experience developing processes for manufacturing emulsions or other complex fluid products.
- Strong hands-on experience and proven ability to design, qualify, and validate GMP process equipment and processes.
- Proven ability to make high quality and ethical decisions based on GMP compliance requirements.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex manufacturing processes and equipment
- Experience working in a lab with other team members and nurturing a creative environment.
- Proven ability to handle a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ambitious, organized, and detail oriented.
- Start-up experience is desirable.
- Expertise in Lean Six Sigma process excellence principles desirable.
- Working knowledge of regulatory CFR 210 and CFR 211 desirable.
We are an exciting, fast-growing start-up whose mission is to fundamentally alter interfaces between liquids and solids to eliminate waste, save lives, and enable a new engineering paradigm. Originally developed at MIT, LiquiGlide’s technology platform enables custom-design of slippery coatings for endless applications—packaging, manufacturing, medical devices, and oil pipelines. We will bring about a greener, safer, more efficient world.
LiquiGlide® has won a variety of innovation awards and been featured on CNN, NBC, ABC News, BBC, and Fox News, as well in The New York Times, and we are working with some of the largest and most successful businesses across many industries.
Job Location: Cambridge, MA
Position Type: Full-Time / Regular
Loading some great jobs for you...