Senior New Model Quality Engineer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Reports To: GM of Quality (SQD-QMS-NMQR)
- Review and Audit KASAI North American facilities' Program Launch readiness per NMQR requirements
- Review customer requirements and adjusts NMQR audit process accordingly.
- Advises KNA plants as needed to correct any GAP concerns leading up to Mass Production launch.
- Conduct Mass Production audits and verify Customer required external and KNA required internal documentation completion status per NMQR requirements.
- Conduct Mass Production audits and verify KASAI Plant launch readiness and preparations are in place and capable per NMQR requirements.
- Conduct Mass Production audits and verify KASAI Corporate departmental readiness per NMQR requirements.
- Conduct KNA personnel training for Mass production readiness per NMQR requirements
- Plan and coordinate audits in conjunction with Corporate groups and KNA plants, Customer and internal builds that support customer milestones, distribute report to the plant, Corporate management and KASAI upper management, as requested.
- Perform NMQR audit at each phase of New Model Launch (Major and Minor model changes), submit audit results and reports, conduct follow up activities and verify effectiveness.
- NMQR audit and support NMQR declaration for all model changes prior to SOP.
- Work with cross functional groups to determine improvement within Corporate and Plant side launch activities.
- Support pre-launch activities as necessary
- Authorities for an employee are granted by means of work instructions, policies and procedures and/or direction provided by management to meet the requirements of the customer
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or related discipline or 4 years Automotive Management Experience.
- New Project and Product quality planning experience preferred.
- Automotive Manufacturing background required
- Quality Engineering background required
- Internal audits and 2nd party audits experience required
- IATF 16949 and VDA 6.3 Process audit experience preferred
- Microsoft Office,(Power Point, Project, Excel, Outlook, Word), Project Libre, SAP
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Change Management, APQP, PPAP knowledge
- Kaizen training and implementation
- Root Cause Analysis, 8D, 5P, 5-Why Problem Solving
- ASQ certifications a plus
- German automotive experience a plus
- Travel Up to 50-60%. International travel possible.
- Good organizational skills
- Good communication/people skills
- Capable of working any assigned shift
- Must be able to travel with limited notice
This job operates in an office and manufacturing environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee may also be required to work in hot temperatures.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are exclusive standards of the position Incumbents will follow any other instruction, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...