Computer Operator - Point Mugu
Compensation: $107,300.00 - $159,640.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and air crews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.
The Computer Operator will provide support in the Range Operations Complex at Point Mugu. This position will analyze existing or proposed system or design data processing programs and related procedures to process data. The incumbent will use a multi-step process from system investigation, analysis, design, implementation and maintenance to bring new or changed systems to meet customer's requirements. RANGE POSITION DESCRIPTION
• Configure and operate Common Display Systems (CDS) for test missions
• Attend briefings and planning meetings
• Provide interface/pre-mission checkouts with tracking sites
• Request voice communication nets from the technical control center for real-time target mission support
• Operate video recorders and hardcopy equipment
• Assist with pre-mission calibration/vectoring of precision tracking radar
• Ability to make real-time system changes during missions to maximize operational support
• Ensures that personnel, physical equipment and information/data security is maintained in accordance with SECNAVINST 5510.36A and DoD 5220.22-M
• Support security monitor functions within the facility as required for special access operations
• Monitor compliance with security directives and procedures for personnel and electronic equipment moving in/out of specific areas, as scheduled for classified operations.
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their job.
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Vocational/technical or military equivalent training beyond high school and a minimum of 5 - 9 years of job-related experience. Associates degree or equivalent preferred but not required. Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and analytical skills; demonstrated working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs, inclusive of Microsoft Office Suite. The incumbent may be required to obtain and maintain a government security clearance and possess a valid state issued driver's license. DISCLAIMER The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of persons so classified. Rev B Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/DisabledJob Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...