This position manages the purchasing of materials, services and parts for the Canon Hollow facility. This includes managing requisitions, quotations, purchase orders and shipping and receiving documents for purchases and contractor related work. Identifies opportunities for and coordinates vendor managed inventory. Tracks all purchases in the MP2 system and maintains the inventory list and stock status. Responsible for presenting cost effective purchasing options to ensure efficient use of the maintenance budget.
This position also works within the Canon Hollow CMMS/MP2 system to update status of maintenance work, work requests, work orders, PM tasks and equipment records. This includes maintaining the equipment inventory records and documentation related to equipment, such as owners and parts manuals. Use the MP2 system to track data and generate reports requested/ needed by the maintenance supervisor to evaluate department performance.Responsibilities
• Maintains confidential information and ensures compliance with Exide security standards.
• Maintain MP2 data base, including work orders, equipment records, purchasing, vendor and inventory information.
• Manage purchase requisitions and ensure materials are ordered in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Maintain spare parts inventory and part numbering system.
• Coordinate the vendor managed inventory system for applicable materials.
• Identify vendors for parts and materials and obtain quotes and issue purchase orders.
• Process purchase orders and receiving paperwork for material requisitions.
• Track status of purchases and rectify issues related to delivery requirements.
• Assist in the development of PM tasks in MP2.
• Provide and develop reports of department performance.
• Coordinate contractor maintenance work as needed.
• Generate, print and distribute preventative maintenance work orders on a weekly basis.
• Develop and maintain work instructions for performing work with in MP2 system.
• Must have ability to identify correct vendors, must have knowledge of ordering, receiving and shipping of technical parts.
• Technical parts knowledge.
• Inventory stock room knowledge.
• Experience with CMMS systems operation and maintenance.
• Ability to extract OEM preventative maintenance data from technical literature and vendor documentation and create PM tasks in a CMMS/ MP2 system.
• Experience with data base management.
• Must have the ability to priorities multiple tasks.
• Strong communication skill related to technical and non-technical information.
• ISO 9000 experience a plus.
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.About Exide
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...