Software Engineering Manager, Consumer Services
Employment Type: Full-Time
EverQuote is seeking an Engineering Manager/Leader with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong interpersonal and managerial skills to join us as we grow the largest online insurance marketplace to new heights. As a leader on the Consumer Engineering team, you will play a key role as we strive to present consumers with an intuitive and performant interface to connect each consumer with the right insurance option. You will be responsible for leading up to 8 engineers to accomplish their most significant work while ensuring personal and career growth.
Who You Are:
- A strong team leader and people manager. You are able to lead and inspire engineers ranging from junior to principal level. You understand the challenges that engineers face at all levels of their career and how to help them be successful.
- A believer in building strong engineering teams through diversity. You will recruit and hire top level talent for your team.
- An excellent communicator. You proactively communicate across multi-disciplinary teams while also helping your reports to grow in their communication skills. You will conduct weekly 1:1’s with your reports and form a strong peer group of managers across teams and disciplines.
- A believer in continuous learning and teaching. You will drive our culture of personal growth by creating learning paths with each engineer that help them grow in their career.
- While this is not a hands-on coding role, you must have significant and relevant prior experience in full stack development in order to help guide the team’s technical direction and help engineers plan and execute their day to day work.
- 4+ years of experience leading and/or managing software engineering teams
- A background in full stack development at a senior level or above, ideally at a large scale product company
- You consider yourself a player-coach, with the ability to jump in and pair program to help get a feature shipped if needed
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Top-notch motivational skills and the ability to align a team toward company goals and vision
- An entrepreneurial mindset and desire to grow and build our marketplace
- We are one of the fastest growing companies in Boston history, at the intersection of tech and big data
- Our company is profitable & established. A “startup culture” without “startup anxiety.”
- We encourage creative thinking and independent responsibilities
- Growth mindset culture regularly seeking to reflect and improve
- Genuinely “data driven” with analytics is at the core of the company
- Lunch catering to the office, fully-stocked kitchen, company outings to local restaurants, day trips, and more
- We offer competitive salaries, fully paid health and dental insurance, 401K match, stock options and a relaxed & flexible work environment
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) makes insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and insurance providers time and money. We operate the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. Our goal is to reshape insurance shopping for consumers and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But you should know, there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. EverQuote is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Loading some great jobs for you...