Mechantronics Controls Engineer
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Primary role will be a Mechatronics Engineer in the New Product Design & Development Team.
- Responsible for design and development of custom mechatronics systems, including translating stages, linear motors, sensors, servos, etc.
- Design quality products using six sigma and lean process techniques for robust designs.
- Experience with understanding and troubleshooting legacy designs to determine potential new risks, failure modes, and corrective actions for new products.
- Integration of industrial robotics into capital equipment, developing with the cross sector team all related aspects such as dynamics, end effector design, controls, etc.
- Basic experience with mechatronics behavior predictive modeling and methods, including first principle engineering equations and other techniques.
- Take direction from System Architects and Senior Engineering mentors who are leading the development effort of critical large capital equipment.
- Create documentation and Statements of Work for new product design and operation to be used in a clean Manufacturing Environment
- Work with external suppliers to define and develop certain aspects of new product design while collaborating with internal cross discipline teams.
- The ideal candidate needs to have a deep understanding of mechatronics, control theory systems and servo tuning to be incorporated into end product.
- Mechatronics engineering background or specialization in closely related areas such as robotics, or other fields.
- Strong skills in proof of concept development and design of experiments for a wide range of project needs.
- Ability to run complex mechatronic systems for test and qualification of design changes.
- Demonstrated ability to derive conclusions from analysis and to make practical recommendations.
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary projects, such as imaging / optical systems, semiconductor, or lithography preferred but not required.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills, including the ability to present results based on strong statistical evidence to audiences of a wide range of technical abilities
MS or PhD Degree with 2 to 5+ years of experience and an Engineering Degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical, Electrical or similar.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...