Supplier Quality Engineer
Compensation: $88,470.00 - $136,500.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Supplier Quality Engineer Kelly Services is working global market leader for electromechanical aerospace systems. Due to growth, our customer is searching for a Supplier Quality Engineer to join their team on a contract to hire or direct hire basis. This position is located near Elk Grove Village. Job Scope of the Supplier Quality Engineer: This position is a critical link between supplier quality, incoming inspection and production activities. In this position, the SQE shall investigate, analyze and resolve supplier quality problems by auditing, analyzing defect trends and leading continuous improvement plans. You will ensure that the customer flow down requirements and engineering specifications are being met by the suppliers. Responsibilities will include taking appropriate action where it becomes necessary to improve quality performance, meet agreed deadlines and production targets. Key Accountabilities
- Lead and drive the non-conforming material system and review processes which includes the following; Material Review Board (MRB) activities and is responsible for ensuring proper dispositioning of the suspect nonconforming product has been carried out, assigning responsibility and ensuring the IDMR’s have been addressed and closed as required once the review has been completed.
- Utilize data driven problem solving methods to improve key quality metrics such as internal and external PPM, Scrap and Customer Satisfaction.
- Ability to collect, compile, and analyze data to determine both root cause and corrective action to prevent recurrence in addition to driving the non-conforming material review system.
- Work with Purchasing to ensure supplier performance is regularly reported and that appropriate and timely corrective actions are implemented.
- Conduct supplier audits to drive process standardization, waste elimination, and continuous improvement.
- Monitor, communicate and improve key supply chain KPI’s, including Supplier OTD (Past due), DPPM and waste.
- Establish specific short / long term supplier quality goals.
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers and customers to eliminate recurrence of non?conformances
- Strategically lead supplier performance improvement projects in an effort to increase the supplier capability of consistently meeting requirements. Projects may include: process analysis, value stream mapping, process capability and throughput analysis, FOD prevention, 6 Sigma, 5S and Kaizen events driving “Zero-Defect” mentality.
- Supports the implementation, maintenance and enhancement of quality system programs in compliance to AS9100, ISO 9000:2000, and FAA requirements and any additional regulatory requirements imposed by other agencies.
- Assist with managing the technical review of specifications related to the product line and route the review through design engineering, mechanical engineering and/or quality engineering that is related to product design.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and maintenance of Procedures, Work Instructions, and any related forms for production, kitting and assembly.
- Leads efforts in determining ensuring the calibration and metrology system is appropriate and maintained.
- Design and implement statistical sampling plans, procedures, and statistical techniques all related to receiving inspection.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Experience working with quality systems; e.g. AS9100, ISO9001, FAA FAR regulations
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Proficient in root cause analysis and formal problem solving techniques internally and externally (Customers/Suppliers)
- Knowledge of the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) and Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) tools (including SPC, GR&R, DOE, FMEA, Control Plans, Cpk, GD&T – ASME Y14.5, DMAIC, First Article Inspection (AS9102), Cost of Quality)
- Proven history of customer satisfaction success both internally & externally
- Working knowledge of engineering part drawings and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Experience working in a lean manufacturing or continuous improvement environment
Education and/or ExperienceRequired:
- Minimum Education: Associates degree, preferably in Quality Engineering, Engineering or a related technical field
- 2+ years of Quality Experience in the Aerospace or Automotive industry
- <20% travel
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineering (CQE) desired
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...