Compensation: $98,150.00 - $151,750.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Highly skilled in the use of tools of the potato processing trade with moderate skills in the use of tools of several trades. Such as, repair, fabricate, maintain machinery, adjust various types of machines, mechanical equipment, and the physical structures of operations by performing the following duties.Responsibilities
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Incumbent functionally reports to the Maintenance Lead Person on shift or the Business Area Manager.
- Observes mechanical devices in various operations, listening to their sounds to locate, and diagnose causes of trouble.
- Dismantles, adjusts, repairs, replaces various processing equipment and other machinery to gain access to and remove defective parts for repair or replacement.
- Specialty processing equipment to include but not limited to: farm and field machinery, conveyors, gear boxes, fryers, dryers, peelers, scrubbers, pumps, hydraulic systems, cutting equipment and various dewatering equipment.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Sets up and operates various tools such as cutting torch, welding machines, and other metalworking tools to make and repair equipment as necessary or directed.
- Installs special functional, structural parts in machinery, and equipment as directed.
- Starts machinery/equipment, tests performance recognizing, and correcting non-conformances.
- Initiates communication with Production Supervisors, Line Operators, and Area Managers on special requirements, or needs for repairs or maintenance.
- Perform preventative maintenance checks on all processing equipment in accordance with area requirements and procedures.
Additional Experience and Responsibilities Required:
- Experience working in a reactive maintenance service environment.
- An ability to undertake a wide range of maintenance activities in the processing area.
- Good communication skills to work effectively with employees in other departments.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Flexibility to deal with many and varied requests made on a daily basis.
- Proactive approach to effectively spot and report defects and damage.
- Ability to work as a member of a team to assist employees in all general maintenance type duties.
- Follow instructions as directed.
- Notify appropriate personnel on equipment breakdown.
- Actively participate in the training and development of others as necessary or directed.
- Keep work area clean and orderly.
- Know the general plant layout.
- Know and observe safety, security, quality, sanitation, and personal hygiene requirements.
- Other and incidental duties as assigned.
- Individual must have at least two to three years maintenance experience proven by resume and/or references. A sit down interview will be conducted to discuss background and knowledge from resume.
- Pass all required written and hands on testing with a passing score at or above the requirement.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization, suppliers, equipment technicians and training personnel.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical, or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables and apply abilities to practical solutions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Incumbent must get and maintain a valid Kraft Heinz Company equipment operator’s license with a Lift Truck and Platform/Scissor Lift endorsement within 30 days of starting the bid.
- Incumbent must have a valid driver’s license.
- Incumbent must take and pass a job related test.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
#LI-OB1Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...